I don’t have many pictures of this skirt, but I’m hoping to take some more/better ones later. I made this in time to wear to a friends baby shower (which was obviously before I cut my hair, this is a late post since I kept wanting more pics, but it didn’t happen). It was so comfortable! It did make some of the games difficult, though!
I used a red linen that I bought at JoAnn’s. I didn’t realize it was only 51″ wide, though, so I ended up having to go back for more. Lesson here: always look at the bolt information!
The only bad news is my husband does not like it. At all. Ugh. So now I’ll be wearing it *not* around him, I guess.
As for the sewing, I added about 5″ to the length, but I probably only needed 2″-3″ added, honestly. I need to go back and hem it, but with Karl not liking it, I’m not sure if I have the motivation. Also, I can’t quite remember what my issues were, but I know I had to take in the sides from the waist to hip a few times to make it sit right. I think I either didn’t cut the right size or graded it wrong between sizes. I almost had some issues attaching the skirt to the contrast panels because of the point, but I figured it out.
Overall, though, I really liked the skirt and the flare it has and the panels. I am definitely planning to make another one at some point in a slinkier material that doesn’t have to be ironed as often!